As we all know the benefits of recreation in all aspects of life. It helps in our physical,
emotional, and mental health. It also helps for a good and refreshing start to the day.
Mumbra is very crowded and there are hardly any play areas for children or sports grounds for young people or gardens for the elderly.
Below is the garden outside Shirin Villa that was in disrepair. In 2014, we wrote to the Add
Commissioner to make it usable by fixing the gate and cleaning up the overgrown weeds.
Within one week, the garden was cleaned and being used by children.
The garden in Shankar Mandir is also in a state of disrepair.
- The Mumbra DP has marked reservation for parks, drama and cultural centre. They should be constructed.
- Gardens should have open air gyms, picnic tables and security guards who should take strict action against those who break the play equipment.
- Proper maintenance of cleanliness, cemented dustbins in all gardens, parks and public places.
- All schools should have an open ground
- There should be seating available on pavements and gullies, with some seats reserved for
women and elderly.
- New Gardens should be made for gardens which have been broken down for road widening
(Darul Falah garden which had 100s of kids coming to play every evening)
The Fatima bi Savitri bai ground for girls should be made into a sports ground as a priority. Currently, men working on the construction sites and nearby shops are coming inside for open defecation. Inside the thick weeds, many addicts sit together doing drugs. Security guards and a gate should be put in place to stop this and make it safe for the girls to play.
The Mumbra DP has a reservation of a DRAMA CENTER which should be constructed on a priority.
Please refer to the DP map attached.
Hi! I am Madinabi Makbool. I am a student. Currently in SYJC and simultaneously pursuing to be a football player. I am a reader and so I try to Involve myself in writing about the conditions which surround us.
Hi! I am Kamil shaikh. I am a civil student currently in TYCE and also pursuing to be a footballer. I love hiking, exploring and I am a sci-fi reader.